Since we recently bought a house and moved in I have become more focused of different ways to decorate than I use to be. One Pinterest inspired idea I had was the word EAT hanging somewhere in the kitchen but the letters can be so expensive so I decided to get creative. I made a trip to Hobby Lobby and Walmart to get the supplies and now I have the word EAT hanging above our kitchen window making it a little more homie! It was so easy to do and a lot cheaper than buying other letters.
- Paper Mache Letters to spell out EAT (Originally $2.99 at Hobby Lobby)
- Spray Paint
- Soda tabs
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
1. Spray paint the letters any color you want. Let Dry.
2. Hot glue a soda tab onto the back of the letters so you can hang them. The soda tabs work because the letters are so light. If you have wooden letters you might need to use a sawtooth hanger.
3. Hang the letters on the wall and you're done!
It's that easy to make! You can paint them any color you'd like or even use a metal looking spray paint to make them look more expensive and rustic. You don't have to stick to the word EAT, you can make any word you would like whether it's for the kitchen, laundry room, or your child's name. This cost me about $10 to make but should of been less because the letters were suppose to be 50% off and I didn't notice it until I got home. Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!