I made these Monster Tissue Boxes as decorations and utensil holders for my son's first birthday party. You can check out his Monster Birthday Party HERE for more decoration ideas. The Monster Tissue Boxes are easy to make and super cute!
The Monster Tissue Boxes can be used for several different things such as:
- Birthday Party Decorations
- Utensil or napkin holders for a party
- Valentine's Day Card Box
- Halloween Decorations
- A pencil or marker holder if you are a teacher
- Activity/Games such as Feed the Monster Letter Game or M is for Monster
- Empty Tissue Box
- White and Black Construction Paper
- 1-2 Black Pipe Cleaners
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Depending on the type of tissue box you have you may need to make the mouth bigger. The green Puff's Tissue Box I left as is but I cut the blue Kleenex Tissue Box to make the mouth bigger.
2. Cut out circles for the eyes and triangles for the teeth from the construction paper. You can make as many eyes and teeth as you want your monster to have.
3. Glue the black eye circles to the bigger white circles if you haven't already.
4. Glue the pipe cleaners to the back of the eyes. I folded one pipe cleaner in half for they green monster with two eyes. For the blue one I cut the pipe cleaner into three pieces.
5. Glue the pipe cleaner to the back of the tissue box.
6. Glue the teeth to the inside of the tissue box where the mouth is.
7. Set out as a decoration, fill with utensils or use however you see fit!
|How I used the Monster Tissue Boxes at the party|
There are tons of different ways you can make your Monster Tissue Box. You can give your monster one eye or eight eyes, a ton of pointy teeth or a couple square teeth. Make your monster unique to fit whatever you decide to use them for. These Monster Tissue Boxes are super easy to make, super cute, and can be used for more than one occasion. One benefit is if they get destroyed they didn't cost much to make thus making it a great decoration to put out when you have kids that get into everything. I hope you enjoyed this blog. Feel free to share other uses for the Monster Tissue Boxes that you have come up with in the comments!