For our one year anniversary (paper), I decided I was going to start a new tradition by making my husband an A to Z Wedding Anniversary Date Book. The date book helps us keep track of what we do on our wedding anniversaries and acts as a scrapbook. The A to Z Anniversary tradition goal is to plan everything about your wedding anniversaries around the letter that goes with that year.
For our "All about A" date aka our first anniversary we went putt putt golfing at Adventure Falls then out to eat at Applebee's where we ordered an Appetizer and Alcoholic Beverage with our meal. After dinner we watched Pitch Perfect 2 staring Anna Kendrick. As far as gifts go, I made him the A to Z Wedding Anniversary Date Book. and he made me a dozen beautiful paper carnations with coupons on the petals.
Try to think outside the box when planning your "All about A" date. You only get to celebrate your anniversary once a year so try to do something different that you don't get to do a lot. Try a new restaurant or go exploring. I've created a list to help you if you are having trouble coming up with things to do or places to eat that start with the letter "A".
"A" Date possibilities:
- Art Gallery
- Apple Picking
- Air Hockey
- Acrobats at a Circus/Show
- Acting Class
- Adopt a Pet
- Afternoon Walk
- Attend an Event
- Adventure - hiking or exploring
- Active/Adrenaline - participate in a 5K, play a sports game, Rock Climbing, Bungee Jumping, anything to get your adrenaline rushing.
- ABC Kindergarten Date Night by the Dating Divas
- Zoo - Apes, Antelope, Alligator, Ants and Animal Exhibits
- Science Museum - atoms, atmosphere, astronaut
- Movies - Action Movie, a movie that starts with A or has an actor that stars with A
- Game Night - Charades (acting out words), Apples to Apples, American Idol, Cards (Ace)
- Animal Kingdom at Disney World
- Arena - attend an event at your local arena such as a game, concert, wrestling match, derby, tractor show, etc...
- Architect - pretend you are architects and design a building or your dream home. Tour some of your local buildings for inspiration.
- Automobiles - Car Show
- Apartment Hunting
- Auntie Anne's Pretzels
- Apple Pie
- Apple Jacks
- Artificial Flavoring
- Asian, African, or American Food so essentially you can eat almost anything
- Drinks: Alcoholic Beverages, Apple Juice, Ale-8
- Asian Restaurant
- A & W
"A" Words you could possibly incorporate:
- Art - stay at home or participate and a painting class and create some Art
- Autumn, April, August
There are tons of other words and things to do the start or involve the letter "A" and names of places vary by location but I hope this list at least gets you started when planning your "All about A" date! Feel free to comment below with more "A" date ideas!