These cookie bars were really easy to make and they tasted a lot better than I was expecting them to. If you like orange sherbet, orange cake or orange muffins, you will love these orange cookie bars.
- 1 box of Pillsbury Orangesicle cookie mix
- 1 container of Pillsbury Orangesicle Frosting
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 egg
- 15 x 10 x 1 cookie sheet
- Sugar Sprinkles - optional
Serving: 20 cookie bars
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1. Mix your ingredients together in a medium bowl until they form a dough.
2. Spread dough into 15 x 10 x 1 cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 370˚ for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let Cool.
***Follow the directions and oven temperature on the cookie box. You just have to bake it longer or it will be doughy in the middle.
4. Cut the cookie in half. Frost one half of the cookie. I used the entire thing of icing but you can save some if you would like icing on top of your cookie bars.
5. Place the other half of the cookie on top of the frosting. It is ok if it breaks, the sprinkles will help cover it, plus you won't be able to tell once you cut it into bars.
6. Optional: Sprinkle sugar sprinkles on top for decoration.
7. Cut into bars. I cut it 5 x 4 to create 20 Orange Cookie Bars. You can cut them as big or smalls you choose. Enjoy!
Keep in an air tight container or wrap with plastic wrap to keep them fresh.
|Here is what the Orange Cookie Bar looks like up close, Yum!|