- Wood Blocks - one for each member in your family (sanded)
- Long Wood piece - the length of all your wood blocks next to each other (sanded)
- Red & White Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Black, Red, Orange & White/Silver Paint Pens
- Wood Sealer - I used Mod Podge
- Screws and Drill
1. Cut your wood pieces to the size you want them to be and sand them to avoid any rough or sharp pieces.
You will need:
- One wood piece for each member in your family; in my case, I had five. I made our wood pieces different sizes to represent the different ages/heights in our family.
- One long wood piece to use as a base. The base needs to be at least the length of all the snowman wood pieces next to each other.
2. Paint the wood pieces that are going to be your snowman white and let dry.
3. Paint your base red and let dry.
4. Using the black and orange paint pens, draw faces on the white wood blocks to make them look like snowman. Make your faces different to resemble the people in your family. Use the red paint pen to personalize each snowman with your families names at the bottom of the the wood blocks.
5. Using a white or silver paint pen, personalize the red base. I wrote "The Martini Family" and drew snowflakes on it. You can personalize it with your last name, a Christmas saying or just leave it blank.
6. Once everything is dry, line your snowman up in the order you want them to be and begin to screw them into the base. I put two screws in each snowman to make sure they were secure and would last. I screwed the screws up through the bottom of the base into each snowman.
7. Seal your wood with a wood sealer. I used Mod Podge since it is going to be displayed inside but you can use any kind of sealer you want. Let Dry.
8. Set your new Personalized Wood Snowman Family out for everyone to see!
The Personalized Wood Snowman Family Decor is a pretty easy and cheap Christmas craft to make. I did not need to buy anything to make our Snowman Family because I already had all of the supplies. This craft is super cute and one of a kind being that no two will ever be the same. Make your Snowman Family your own by drawing faces to resemble those in your family, add hats or buttons, change of the colors, etc. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, Merry Christmas and Happy Crafting!!!
Check out some of my other Christmas Decoration Tutorials: