Since we've moved into our house I have talked about making an "M" wall being that "M" is our last initial. Ever since my husband made and gave me a Sea Shell "M" for Christmas, I have been collecting M's and recently decided to make a few. The Black & Gold Dotted Monogramed Letter is very easy to make and looks really nice once hung on the wall!
- Wood Letter
- Black Paint (spray paint or acrylic paint)
- Gold Paint Pen
- Hanger if your letter doesn't come with one
They sell black wooden letters at craft stores so you can spend a few more bucks on a black letter if you don't feel like painting. I took this "M" off of an old craft and decided to revamp it for our Monogrammed "M" Wall. This "M" was originally painted pink so I decided to paint over it to make it look nicer.
1. Paint you wood letter. Let Dry.
I used black spray paint but you can hand paint your letter with acrylic paint or buy a black wooden letter.
2. Using a gold paint pen, start in the bottom or top corner of your letter and begin randomly adding dots. Make the dots different sizes. Continue dotting the letter until you are satisfied. Let Dry.
I dotted both the corners of my "M". You can cover your whole letter with dots or do as I did.
|Close-Up of the Gold Dots|
3. Add a Hanger if your letter doesn't come with one attached. I hot glued two soda tabs to the back of my "M" so I could hang it. You can use whatever type of hanger you like.
See soda tab hanger here!
4. Hang your new Black & Gold Dotted Monogramed Letter on the wall and you're done!
|Our Monogramed "M" Wall for now!|
The Black & Gold Dotted Monogramed Letter is very easy to make, cheap, and gives off a fancy appeal. I didn't have to pay anything because I already had all the supplies so my "M" was essentially free but if you have to buy the supplies, the paint pen will be your biggest cost. The Black & Gold Dotted Monogramed Letter makes a nice addition to any monogramed wall, the pictures don't do it justice. The Black & Gold Dotted Monogramed Letter would make a great addition to any monogramed letter wall, nursery, girl's room, wedding shower decoration, etc. You can also use any color variation for your dotted letter if you don't like the black and gold, the combinations are endless!
Check out some of my other homemade letters:
- Button Monogramed Letter
- Easy Yarn Monogramed Letter
- Sea Shell Monogramed Letter
- Unity Painting - we added a monogramed letter to our unity painting after the wedding