Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Bubble Birthday Cake

My daughter recently turned two and for her second Birthday we decided to have a Bubble themed Birthday party, a "Bubble Bash".  I made a simple, double layered, round chocolate cake and decorated the cake with Sixlets to make it look like bubbles. The Bubble Birthday Cake was super easy to make. I think the cake turned out pretty cute and it matched the bubble theme perfect! You can make this cake match any color scheme you want, it could also work for a polka-dot themed party as well.



The Cake:
I used a box cake for this cake. I replaced the water with milk and the vegetable oil with butter to make the cake taste more like a homemade cake. I baked the cake in two circle pans. Once the cakes were done baking I layered them on top of each other.

The Icing:
I melted a tub of icing in the microwave for a few seconds and poured it over the cake. This was an easy and fast way of icing the cake, plus the icing smooths out and looks a lot better than it would of if I had iced the cake using a knife. Once the cake is covered, wipe off the excess icing that will be around the edge of the plate.

The Decorations:
I used a small bag of Sixlets: purple, blue, white, and silver to decorate the cake. I placed the Sixlets all over the cake until I was satisfied. You may have to use a little extra icing on the side of the cake to help the Sixlets from sliding. I then printed off circles with the words "Lexi is 2" on them, attached them to cocktail stirs and stuck them in the cake for decorations.




I wanted my daughter to have her own special cake as well so I used some of the cake batter and made a cup cake just for her. I covered the entire cupcake with icing and decorated the cupcake with a few Sixlets as well and a candle for her to blow out.



Like I said before, the Bubble Birthday Cake was super easy to make and it matched the bubble theme perfect. I think the cake turned out pretty cute if I say so myself!

Check out my daughters Bubble Bash Birthday Party to get other food and decoration ideas for a bubble party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...