Coming up with gifts for the parents and in-laws can be challenging but now that I have kids of my own it is so much easier. What parent/grandparent doesn't love a handmade gift from their child/grand-babies? This year for Christmas we gave our moms a watercolor picture frame with a picture of our children in it. This is a super easy gift to make and is very meaningful. The watercolor picture frame is a great gift for any parent or grandparent. It is a great gift for Christmas, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day or a even a Birthday. The Watercolor Picture Frame is easy to make for those last minute gift giving people and is budget friendly. This gift is really a win win situation - the kids stay occupied painting, coloring and crafting then I turn it into an awesome gift for Grandma to have!
- Watercolors, Crayons, Markers or Paint - anything that is bright the kids can use to color with
- 8x10 Picture Frame
- 5x7 Black & White Picture
- Kids ready to be creative
- A cute saying - Optional
1. Set your kids down at a table, give them a piece of cardstock and let them paint/color the paper. Make sure they paint/color the whole paper and only use bright colors. Let Dry.
My children used watercolors.
2. Cut the paper to fit the frame.
3. Place the Black & White 5x7 picture in the middle of the cardstock and place it in the frame. You can tape or glue the picture to the cardstock if it won't stay in place.
4. Add a cute saying to the back of the frame to make it more meaningful. I found a cute saying about Grandmas' on the internet, printed it out and glued it to the back of the frame.
5. Wrap it up and give it to the special parent/grandparent in your life!
The Watercolor Picture Frame is an easy, cheap and meaningful gift for the parents or grandparents in your life. The contrast between the bright water colors and the black & white picture is amazing; these pictures don't do it justice. This gift is great for several occasions and truly is a special gift. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and your children enjoy making it as much as mine did!!!